Thursday, December 20, 2012

Slumber Party PJs for American Girl


Happy Holidays to all!  I was commissioned to make matching PJs for a friend's nieces.  They are both getting American Girl dolls for Christmas and their aunt thought it would be fun if they had matching outfits.  So I made 2 sets of 2-piece knit pajamas (Simplicity 4297) for them, using fabric I found years ago that has all those favorite girly things seen at slumber parties on it.  I also attempted making slippers (McCall's 3469), made of plush felt and foam soles.  It is amazing how limited the color selection is for plush felt (at least at the one store I looked for it in!!).  I chose pink soles to add a bit of color.

2 comments:

  1. I love looking at your doll clothes. You are a great seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I am trying to commit more time to creating more outfits!

    ReplyDelete