Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Kit's Ruffled Dress, v.2

I posted pictures of a dress I made for Kit the other day, the 1930s Ruffled Play Dress from Eden Ava Couture.  Since I had been intending to make a belt with a black buckle, I used black buttons to accent the dress (and then forgot to change Kit into black shoes to tie it all together - oops!).  Well...the black buckle didn't work out, so I had to find a different buckle that would fit the bias tape belt.  I found a clear piece from a lingerie strap (that I found at Tuesday Morning - 2 straps for 99 cents, a much better deal than the notions aisle at the fabric store) and I painted it with some acrylic paint I had from a previous project that just so happened to match the fabric of the dress. I sealed it, and time will tell if the color holds and doesn't transfer.  I also changed the buttons to a more neutral color to match the overall color scheme.  I took pictures outside today because it was a beautiful day...almost too sunny (ha ha just kidding).  Here is the updated version:






Thanks, as always, for taking a peek at my humble little blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment